Yilan's Blog

post1 photo

Blog Post 1 - Internet History

The follow up question I chose was: How to balance between the access to internet content and the leakage of our personal information?

Nowadays, the advanced technology of the Internet has brought me more entertainment and easier access to information, but the leakage of personal information is very disturbing to me. Because of the need to access information, daily life needs, and contact with friends, I have registered my account on many websites, shopping apps, and social media, which requires me to enter my information, such as my name, phone number, address, and bank information. This information can be leaked on the internet through hacking or scams to get more of your private information or even money, which can cause a lot of problems in my life.

I want to use the benefits of the Internet, but I think it is important to keep personal information safe. In order to keep information safe, it's important to improve your defense system, but I also found some protection measures that I can do by myself. For example, some important ID numbers should be avoided in accounts, such as SSN, driver's license numbers, bank account numbers, and passport numbers. It's better to follow each other only with your friends on social media to avoid some strangers to know more about you. Hopefully, with the concerted efforts of technicians and ourselves, we can protect our personal information while using the convenience of the Internet.